Another FEG

priell3

Added to my FEG collection today. GKK-45. Excellent condition for a gun that's over 20 years old. Only paid $382 with the tax. Average price on that popular auction site is $770 in fair condition and only one magazine.

IMG20231217131151.jpg

IMG_20231217_131332.jpg

Ricklin

PA-63

I have had a PA-63 in the safe for decades. In fact it may be my first handgun ever. 9mm Mak it can still do carry duty, and decent SD ammo is available. It needed a replacement spring, and that's all. At one time it was the least expensive center fire handgun available, late 1980's? or real early 90's well under 100 bucks back then. The blue still looks like new, very nicely polished, it has held up pretty well, I would trust it 100% for carry duty today.

TRX

I also have a GKK-45. I got it cheap because it kept stovepiping on the previous owner.

I bought some more magazines, but that didn't help. I used White-Out and Magic Marker to see where cartridges were touching. Nothing was obvious. I tried different lubes, and everything else I could think of, short of physical modifications to the gun. Given it was long out of production and spare parts were unobtainium, I didn't want to do something I couldn't reverse.

I noticed its behavior varied a lot between brands of ammo, and the hotter the ammo, the more reliable it was. I broke out the press and made some handloads. It likes .450 SMC loads just fine. It would probably be okay with some of the hotter "defensive" .45 ACP, but I'm too cheap to buy that stuff.

Whatever the problem with mine is must be pretty rare, if not something unique to my particular gun. At least, I haven't found anyone else with a GKK that has had a problem.

The grip is pretty square along the edges and it was uncomfortable to shoot. I got a rubber sleeve from Hogue which took care of the problem.