Another enters my S&W stable part 2

Vet66

In my local shop today, he just got a S&W model 65 Ladysmith 3" on consignment, very clean, seldom fired, only problem was that the macho individual who owned it removed "Ladysmith" from the side plate....oh well. Still very nice, replaced the wood grips with a set of Uncle Mikes. Not a problem, they are very comfortable. shoots great, at a great price.

Lady%20Smith%2065_zpsxrv6iazk.jpg

Nick_C_S

I can't imagine removing the "Lady Smith." How insecure does one have to be?

If I ran across a nice gun like that, I wouldn't be able to care less if it had LS on the side. Big deal. Hope it doesn't look too funky on the other side.

You found yourself a nice gun. Perfect package - 3" bbl. I'm not a fan of barrels any shorter.

Vet66

jglsprings/ How did Bubba remove the "lady smith"

Appears the side plate was removed and then glass beaded trying to match the original finish. It's close but is noticeably a different shade. Shame because the rest of the revolver is near new. Guess I'm going on a hunt for the LS side plate.

old bear

Guess I'm going on a hunt for the LS side plate.

Vet66, remember that sideplates were not drop in replacement parts; each was had fitted to the frame. This may have changed along with the other assorted $$ saving changes S&W has made over the years.

Now the good news you now own one of the best all around revolvers Smith and Wesson has produced in quite a few years.

I picked mine up almost a year ago, after the first range trip, it became my go to K frame carry revolver and resides in my nightstand, loaded with some very stout Underwood 38 special +P ammo.

lee n. field

I can't imagine removing the "Lady Smith." How insecure does one have to be?

Yeah, really. :rolleyes: (I've toyed with the idea of getting myself an EAA Pavona, blue or purple with sparkles. Just to be different, and I don't have any CZ or clone pattern guns.)

I hope Vet66 got a super deal for the defaced gun.

Guess I'm going on a hunt for the LS side plate.

Call S&W, because I'm sure that's something they're going to have to do.

Deaf Smith

To me the 'LadySmith' S&W 65 is what the FBI should have adopted instead of the 13.

I like shrouded ejector rods.

But S&W should have made them all with red insert front sights. Why they had

Notice my LS, top and to the left, has a inserted front sight (and bead blasted with Rogers grips.)

attachment.php

Deaf