Another Dog Shoots Owner Story

KyJim

It's not the first time I've read stories like this, but I always find it interesting when a dog shoots his owner. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18299091&title=dog-shoots-man. According to the story, the man was duck hunting with his dog. He got out of the boat to set or collect decoys and placed his loaded shotgun down. The theory is the dog stepped on the gun and somehow managed to discharge the gun, hitting its owner in the buttocks. It doesn't sound like the injury is serious.

There is apparently some speculation the dog may have disengaged the safety but I'm betting the hunter never put the safety on. If he did, he should get a new dog because his current dog doesn't like him. :)

Seriously, just more proof in the need to practice gun safety.

BTW, it's rumored the dog used to belong to Dick Cheney. :D

Alpha Wolf

Obviously the solution here is for us to pass dozens of laws making it illegal for dogs to own/handle/shoot guns....

It works so well with bad guys...

ROFL....

:)

Wildshot

True story. A friend of mind tells this story about himself. He was out hunting when the call of nature came upon him in a big way. He leaned his gun against a log, drop his pants and squatted across the log and relieved him self. Another hunter had spooked a deer and it came running though the woods straight at him. He reached for his rifle and lost his balance and ended up setting in what he had just left piled on the ground. The deer got away. :D

carguychris

Excellent suggestion!
Yes, absolutely! Add this to the next omnibus spending bill along with fines for birds that knowingly violate controlled airspace around airports. They should be required to radio the control tower just like everything else in the air. ;)