Another case of taking self defense past the bounds of the law?

scrubcedar

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/2...es-after-killing-suspect.html?intcmp=trending

It appears that the homeowner may be charged with a crime because of this shooting.

The implication that the homeowner fired at someone who was at the time, A) fleeing rather than attacking and B) Off of his property seems to seal his fate with the facts as we have them now.

I'd be just as angry, considering the circumstances, as I'm sure this guy was. Hopefully I'd have enough self control not to put myself in the path of a jail sentence like this poor guy.

NOT worth whatever money they were going to get for their stuff on Craigslist.

JimmyR

If you're going to shoot at a fleeing car, use a camera, and shoot a picture of the license plate so that when you call 911, they can try to catch the guy!

Pond James Pond

I'd be just as angry, considering the circumstances, as I'm sure this guy was. Hopefully I'd have enough self control not to put myself in the path of a jail sentence like this poor guy.

I guess the key is to view and treat one's gun as a piece of equipment, not as a means of venting/expressing anger or frustration.

Also the idea of running out and unloading into the escaping car smacks of a dozen different Hollywood action scenes: the hero never gets booked for that.....