another blank vs blank thread!

IMightBeWrong

I have been carrying 2 weapons primarily lately: a CZ 75 P01 and a walther ppk/s depending on whether i'm in work uniform or plain clothes. Lately i've been wanting something sized roughly inbetween the 2 to add to my carry choices and i've narrowed it down to the p2000sk and the p239. I already know that both hk and sig sauer provide some of the finest shooting and most reliable pistols on the market and the performance of either would make me more than happy, however simply handling the two gives me no impression of how comfortable they each would be to carry for long periods of time, so my question is this: which would you choose for over all comfort for carry? Single column compact or subcompact lightweight double column?

Jack Bauer

I've had both, and I prefer the Sig P239...put Hogue grips on it and even in the .40 S&W load it's a relatively soft-shooting gun. In fact, I'm in the market for another now, just need to get some funds together....

The H&K never fit my hand quite right. I had the full size and the compact versions and just didn't like the way they felt in my hand.

Hope it helps, but in the end, it's what you like best. For me, it's the Sig...

stokesj19

That is a hard one. I have always wanted a P239sas, but bought a P2000. I love my gun, and would never trade it. The P239 is so big for being a single stack semi.

IMightBeWrong

Like I said before, im looking for something dimensionally inbetween a double column compact and single column sub compact. That would leave me with either a double column subcompact or a single column compact. I mostly want to know what people find carries more comfortably as both fit my hand well.

YZR

I have, and carry quite often, a P239 SAS and it's a great gun. Easy to carry, nice to shoot (.40 cal) and very accurate at the range. I am, no doubt biased but, the SIG gets my vote.

PSP

My vote goes to the P2000sk for the following reasons;

* The HK is slightly shorter in height, shorter in length.
* The HK weighs a good bit less.
* Personally I like the HK grip better. It is adjustable, the Sig is not.
* The width is close but the extra rounds and nicer grip make up for the width.
* I found the ergonomics of the HK more suited to my shooting and grip style.
* I like the HK decocker better, of course that depends on which trigger group you choose.

A very similar sized pistol, yet thinner than both is the Kahr TP9. Excellent size and weight for that intermediate niche. The grip and trigger are different from either the Sig or HK though. I mention it because it offers a gain in barrel length but is about the same length as the other two. The Kahr has some nice features.

Last edited: