Another .22 LR question

Over the years, I have seen various advertisements for tools or kits that allow people to modify the bullets in .22 LR round-nose ammo into hollow-point. I'm trying to collect information on how many such tools or kits are currently available, and I'm coming up blank. It seems like all the links I find take me to inactive or abandoned URLs.

Does anyone know of any company that is currently making and selling a tool or tools for turning .22 LR solid-point ammo into hollow-point?

zukiphile

I can't give you a link but I see contact information for a current FFL in Massillon, OH.

Neal Waltz, 4105 Hyatt Avenue N.W., Massillon OH 44646-1435
Telephone: 330-837-4818

LeverGunFan

There is information on the Paco Kelly accurizing tool on Leverguns.com, although the link to pacotools.com appears dead. Not sure if he is still accepting mail orders or not. :confused:

There is information on the Neal Waltz die at this link, once again it may be available by mail order. Works in a standard reloading press.

One die that is definitely still available is the L'il Gizzy tool, it is listed on this auction site.

jpx2rk

I have a Waltz die, and with some experimentation on the depth of the hp made on Norma TAC ammo, I was able to put 6 out 10 rds into one hole at 50 yds with a 10/22 & Feddersen barrel & suppressor on it.

std7mag

Are you trying to make HP hunting bullets out of solid round nosed?
Or trying to improve the accuracy from your 22LR ammo?

www.cuttingedgebullets

Cutting Edge is now making high BC bullets specifically for loading 22LR ammo.
They have info on their website, including dies.

std7mag said:
Are you trying to make HP hunting bullets out of solid round nosed?
Or trying to improve the accuracy from your 22LR ammo?
I am trying to collect as much information as possible about as many products as possible that have anything to do with making your own .22 rimfire ammunition.

gwpercle

The only one I know still on the market is the Forster Hollow Pointing Tool Kit
can be used by hand or in Forster Case Trimmer , with choice of 1/16th" dia or 1/8th" dia hollow point ... listed $30.00 @ web site www.forsterproducts.com

www.eabco.net shows them for $24.00 .

But the Forster hollow pointing tool seems to be the only game in town now .
And those links may be still up there and be deader than a door nail ...
they sure pretend like you can still order one .

Hey !!! eacbo is saying the 1/16th" dia, drill tool are "in stock " but I didn't try to order one ! The 1/8th" dia drill tool is "out of stock" ...
Gary

Last edited: