ANN: Ohio Election Online Community

braindead0

Rich said it was okay to post this ;-)...

I've started a web BBS system (similar to TFL) specifically for discussion election issues, candidates and related things for Ohio voters.

So far it's pretty small, but I have yet to send out press releases (soon, gotta work on them...anybody want to help?).

The reason I'm doing this is that in Ohio you get absolutely no factual information about anything related to elections. All you get is what the media decides to print/broadcast and stupid little signs that have no facts. I'm hoping to get candidates and issue sponsors to come in and discuss their positions in a friendly environment (yeah, it may get nasty... and I'll need some more moderators....).

You can say a lot of bad things about California, but one thing I liked about living out there was getting a booklet with pretty detailed information on all candidates and issues (propositions there) along with financial analysis and pro and con statements. This was very nice to have.

The link is in my sig line, right below....

Thanks for reading this.

braindead0

Hey, thanks for coming by! I'm kinda peeved I didn't think of this well before this years elections...but I didn't which is why I haven't announced it until now....

I hope to have reached critical mass by next year!!

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
It's a great site. I'm already a member! :)

Looking forward to the next election even more since Braindead0 made his site.