Ankle holster for LCP and/or LC9

fivepaknh

I’m looking to buy an ankle holster for carry at work where my priority is not having the gun discovered. At work I dress business casual with tucked in shirts. I do have a tuckable holster for my Kahr K9 that does work well with a tucked in button down shirt, but not so well with a polo type shirt. Those are the days I’d go with the ankle holster. I’d prefer to go with a light gun for comfort. I have an LCP and an LC9. I’d rather go bigger, but would the LC9 bulge too much? Do ankle holsters shift too much or sag? Can anyone suggest a good ankle holster for either of these handguns?

I understand all the arguments about accessibility of a gun in an ankle holster. Again, my priority here is concealing the weapon.

Grant D

I use a Galco Lite ankle holster with my LCP. I put it on at seven in the morning, and I'll be sitting at home at night and realize I still have it on!
Very light and comfortable and doesn't move around during the day.

Lee McNelly

ankle holster

somebody has been watching toooo many movies

are you permitted to carry at work?

if so how about in a computer carrying case?

fivepaknh

What are you taking about with the movie comment? Whether I’m allowed to carry at work is irrelevant to this conversation. I don’t need any lectures from the boy scout crowd.

I wouldn't be carrying a computer case all the time. That would leave my gun unsecured most of the time.

jason_iowa

Anything by galco has been good in my experience. I would not suggest that as a carry point though. Iwb or a pocket holster would be better imo. For gun 3 or 4 I may get down to the ankle.

Ace_Breaker

I had a friend suggest the cheap little Uncle Mike's and I turned up my nose on it. In the end I tried one out and for that application it worked outstanding. I've ankle carried my LCP for a few years in that rig and it's highly concealable.

Lateck

I've carryed my LCP in an Uncle Mike's #1 ankle holster for almost a year.. :)
I can carry the LC9 (with out the pinky ext.) with out printing.... ;)

Lateck,

Fargazer

I chose a cheap $20 wonder to wear the pistol around the house for a few days, just to see if I could cope with the weight. Once I confirmed ankle carry was an option for me in terms of weight, I moved up to a DeSantis ankle holster, and then a Kramer Ankle Holster. The Kramer is sweet, Very Comfortable, but pricy - north of $250.

Either the Galco or the DeSantis have the potential to work for you, but holsters are a very personal thing; what works for one may not for another. You will need to do as much research as you can, pays your money and takes your chances.

Good luck!

fivepaknh

I ordered a DeSantis Apache Ankle Rig Holster for my LCP if it works out I may get one for the LC9. I was thinking the same thing about removing the mag extension to help prevent printing.