Anderson Stripped Lower - Is this a good deal?

BumbleBug

I noticed that Brownell has ANDERSON MANUFACTURING - AR-15 STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVERs for $43. Seems like a pretty good deal for building a utility AR. I'm not familiar with Anderson. Are there any draw-backs, non-standard requirements or issues using this lower?

TIA...

hoghunting

I built 2 ARs with the Anderson lowers from Brownells and was impressed with the quality of their lowers. No burrs, didn't have to file or modify anything as all the holes lined up and parts fit perfectly. I have used more expensive lowers and have had to file burrs and enlarge holes that weren't the correct size.

Mobuck

The going price for Andersons is $38-43. We bought a couple locally for $50 including tax earlier this year. Wideners was selling around $40 with free shipping on 5.

rickyrick

I must add that I have three Anderson lowers, each one spotless. I have other Anderson components spread across two rifles aside from the lowers and I'm satisfied with them

Rob62

They are an excellent deal or value. I bought multiples and put them away for a "rainy day". They are cheaper by the dozen or when you get a few at the same time. :).

In the past 6 months or so I built several AR's using these receivers. Everything fit perfectly.

Regards,

Rob

Mobuck

I'm not going to say how many Andersons have crossed my bench but all have been well finished and parts fit properly.