And it begins anew!

taylorce1

UPS just dropped off a little package yesterday! Two brand new Bell & Carlson Remington ADL Mountain Rifle stocks in gray and black web. I ordered them from Stocky's back in July and went with that color because they were supposedly in stock. Well they weren't but I didn't bother to change the order as I probably would have chosen a different color on at least one of them.

Anyway I have two brand new M700 rifles waiting to be dropped into these stocks. Going to build a couple of nice light weight rigs. Just need to rebarrel both rifles to the cartridges I want, and have the actions made all neat and fancy and I'll hopefully be ready to rock and roll a year from this hunting season with both of them.

Sorry for the bad cell pictures, but here is a primer of things to come!

1411743649.jpg

1411743652.jpg

A little review of the stocks is that they are pretty nice. Not as trim as a McMillan Edge fill stock but still pretty darn nice. They don't have the same problems the Winchester EW stock has by being overly thick in the forearm or pistol grip area. I don't have a way to properly weigh them but my guess is that they are really close to the advertised 24 ounces. Best thing about them is I got both for the price of one McMillan stock and a little over $100 cheaper if I went with an McMillan with Edge fill.

603Country

If I could pick my neighbors, I'd pick you for sure. Probably would cost me a fortune in buying more guns and stuff. My wife would yell at me a lot, but I'd just blame it on you.

hooligan1

No kiddin 603, I told my wife that one day if she couldn't find me at my regular haunts, prolly better call Taylorce1 and see if I made it..:rolleyes:

One day I do plan to head west and shoot some of those rifles he puts together...looks like good ole fun.

std7mag

Sorry, Taylorce....

I'm with those guys!!!

While my neighbor/friend is an avid hunter, he's a bow guy.

While I do archery hunt, usually I'm at the shooting range every weekend.

Leaving in a little bit actually to do some load development with the 7mm Rem Mag. :D

Now I just need membership at a longer range.:rolleyes:

hooligan1

Are those stocks pillared? And Im guessing long action,,,,. I pillared and bedded my Factory ADL stock and camoed it, saved a pile of beer money and had a blast doin it, this rifle will shoot pretty dang nice for a cheap rifle...oh 30-06.

taylorce1

Yes they have pillars and both are short action stocks. One will be a replacement .243 Win and the other will be a 6mm -222 RM (6x47 Rem). Both will be wearing Lilja 8 twist KS contour barrels, which is Remington's custom shop contour. It's a little heavier than the mountain rifle contour but lighter than their standard sporter.

Mystro

Let the fun begin. I love projects like this. Its always exciting to explore the potential a rifle has. Its a fun journey. Enjoy.

globemaster3

Hey Hooligan, if you play your cards right, maybe you'll be looking at another nice .243 in your stable soon. After all, that's the precedent, right? Taylor builds it, gets it nice, then you buy it...:)

So I surmise you must be secretly wanting a .257 AI...;)

taylorce1

If this .243 turns out as nice as I hope, I doubt anyone will be able to pry it away from my daughter!

I'm set on .257 calibers for now, I have a nice .25-06 and two .250 Savage rifles. Plus a .257 will be coming in the future in the form of a classic Roberts on a HVA small ring 98 Mauser action that I have hidden in a closet from my wife. I'm just moving on another LR rifle since I sold H1 my previous rifle I find I'm lacking in that area. Plus I still have a ton of 105 grain LR bullets for the 6mm that H1 didn't get.

hooligan1

Well man sounds like a good plan, and your daughter needs a super accurate rifle.
Hope it works out good, now which closet is that hva in?:rolleyes:

taylorce1

Now I'm looking at barrels for the brown truck to drop off. I'm thinking Lilja will get the nod, now if only my buds come through and decide to order barrels as well. Then we can get the quantity discount from Lilja which will make things mo betta.