And for those thinking of visiting Thailand...

Hunter Rose

Hi all... greetings from the Land of Smiles!

Parents decided to take the wife and I on their yearly trip to Pataya, Thailand. While sitting in the hotel room, waiting for mom to get dressed, I started flipping through the little visitor's booklet provided: and what should I find mentioned, but Tiffany's indoor shooting range! Had to go... ;)

Not much selection for rental guns (Beretta 9, Colt 45acp, S&W 38, and a couple 22s). Now for the kicker: price (per ROUND) for both 45 and 9mm is 50 cents!!!!! Kinda makes ya glad you reload, huh? ;)

Asked the clerks about private ownership: they said yes, people CAN own handguns. And the sign at the one overlook point tends to reinforce that: thing said something about "no gun shooting" (I'll try to get back up there, and get a pic fer y'all)...

Oh... something abut Tiffany's: it's also sight of Pataya's "Original Transvestite Cabaret". I'm STILL trying to figure out the connection (maybe the Pink Pistols motto?)... ;D

About all for now... flying back on 8 October. Until then, I'm paying per minute for Internet...

Sisco

Got spend New Years 1976 in Pataya, courtesy of the USN. Always wanted to go back someday. Didn't check into guns at the time but I did rent a Z1-900 Kawasaki (against official directives of course!) and had a blast. Jet Skis, para-sailing, steak and seafood all at a price a sailor could afford. What's not to like about the place?

Libertarian

I really enjoyed Pataya Beach. I got my PADI and NAUI certificates there at the Seafari Dive shop. I spend most of my councious hours with a friend (Wayne Tisbaum) opened a restaurant there with his wife called Nacho Noi's. It is one street south of Soi Post office on the same street as the Swiss Restaurant (best pork chops in SE Asia).

KSFreeman

Lib, you went to Thailand and had pork chops?!?!:eek: "Hey, let's get some apple sauce out here for these pork chops!" Homer Simpson.

Libertarian

I was coming out of KSA on my six month holiday. Of course I ate pork - every day, several times a day. And I washed it down with lots of Singha beer and chased it with Mekong whiskey and Sprite.