Anaconda Vs. Eagle

MP-5

Im in the market for a new hunting handgun. My shop has a used Colt stainless 44 mag Anaconda 8" w/ a stainless 4x leupold. Right next to it is a Desert Eagle blue in 44 mag with a 50 AE barrel. Both are priced at $1100. Which is the better value? Opinions please.

IMTHDUKE

I would take the Colt. One I have shot those and they are all business. Two, the value of the Colt will increase more than the DE. I collect the "Colt snakes" and I need a Boa to finish the collection, but at around 3200, think I will pass. Also, rather hunt with a revolver.

rugerdude29

B'lieve I would have to take the Colt. The Desert Eagles are nice, but you can at least find them new on dealers shelves. That Anaconda isn't something you are going to see everyday, and, it IS a great gun. Everything I hae seen and heard regarding them has been good. Shot one about a year ago at a pay-n-play (try out the gun for $15/30min. with store's ammo) range and it was VERY accurate. Get it and you will not be disappointed.

Rimrod

I have an Anaconda in .45 Colt with a 4" barrel.

I have Desert Eagles in .357, .41 and .50AE.

I would buy the Desert Eagle, and not just because of the caliber.;)

RsqVet

Buy the colt, the Anaconda is a sleeper in colt values right now, you will only get more for it when you sell it.

The DE will always be there and sometimes cheaper than that because it's common for folks to buy one, play a little then sell it.