An Oldie but a Goodie...

CajunBass

My wife and I have been watching this for a couple of months hoping someone else would buy it, but they didn't help us out. Finally my said we needed to take it home and make sure it was well taken care of.

The best I could do was put it on layaway, but I snapped a couple of certified crappy cell phone pictures before they took it to the holding tank.

1952, Smith & Wesson Terrier in 38 Smith & Wesson. An "improved I frame", with a factory letter saying it was shipped IIRC, on March 19, 1952, and was shipped to a hardware store in Kentucky. Sorry, I just skimmed the letter and don't remember a lot of the details.

A couple of scratches on the grips...but otherwise.

I don't know how much it will get shot, but it will.

Last edited:
Nice little revolver... I load & shoot a lot of 38 S&W myself... I'd love to have one like that, & in that condition... BTW... your wife is a keeper if she's convincing you to buy another gun ;)

mine tolerates it, knowing that since I built the walk in gun safe room, I only have so much room to display & the room is full... I'm just about to the point that i need to get rid of one, to get another... she knows there are only 2-3 open spaces on the walls... after those are filled, the numbers can't go higher, I can only upgrade :eek:

don't tempt me... you'll make the redhead get all fired up if she sees me starting to put racks on the ceilings ;)

back to that beautiful "I" frame right ???

lamarw

I have a soft spot in my heart for these older S&W's myself. Your new one appears to of been treated rather well to include a former owner having it lettered.

I bet when you get the leash on it and get it home, you will find a matching serial number on the inside of the grip.