An Old USA Today Poll on the 2nd Amendment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave R

Didn't see this on the board.

Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. He does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court's accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms.

USA Today poll asks if the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. You know what to do.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

chris in va

Be sure to copy/paste the link to your browser instead of clicking directly on it.

Actually, there are over 7 million polled. How old is this anyway?

Bud Helms

I remember that poll. It was worded to harvest the wrong answer. The Second Amendment does not give or bestow the right to bear arms to individual citizens. It prohibits the gov't from infringing on that right.

So if you answered "No", as you should, your answer would naturally be construed to mean that you don't believe in an individuals right to bear arms. If you answered "Yes", you are agreeing that the Second Amendment bestows that right to individuals, and was not your right until the BOR gave it to you.

The Second Amendment means ...

Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

No win.

I am editing the title of this thread.

Yeah, we know what to do.

The emphasis is on OLD. It's been posted a number of times over the last few years. It was stale then, it's staler now.

Obsolete. As in no longer viable because the fundamental nature of the argument has changed since the poll.

As in, I'm shocked that the poll is even still active.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.