Amt III 30 carbine help

htshot

Any one have a AMT III semi auto in 30 carbine. I have chance to buy one.What are your thougts on them. Good or bad.My main concern is if the action strong enough to hold up.

buckit

Ive had mine 25 yrs and never had a problem, got 2000 rounds through it. It's a blast to shoot but I very seldom shoot it any more. It is LOUD and puts out a fire show.

Htshot:

The AMT .30 carbine pistol is strong enough for the cartridge. However, The AMT line has a bad reputation: they don't function reliably. Maybe with a good action and a good trigger job they will be reliable. I would't count on it though.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery Sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

smee78

I would see if you could set up a test fire at a range to see how it runs, if all is good then press forward. Pic's please if you do get it.

SilentHitz

I've owned 2 of these, only sold the 1st one after a friend shot it and offered me more than I paid for it. Still have the second, runs like a champ and fun to shoot. Can't see it in fuzzy pic, but both of mine were made in Irwindale,Ca. My memory fails me, but there was another plant that made them and the quality control was suspect at best...maybe someone here can chime in that remembers.

2008_1005Guns0010.jpg

Last edited:

HisSoldier

Is the safety a hammer drop type nor just a block? I had an AMT Skipper that was fun, shot and functioned well, I gave it to a good friend. I'd love to have a longslide .45. What's the barrel length on these?