AMT Autos

SIGSHR

Any other owners of AMT autos out there. I have the Hardballer purchased in 1978, currently in retirement due to non availability of replacement barrels and parts. Fit and finish are fine, plenty accurate. Both AMT and its sucessor companies have closed shop, have not found any sources for replacements.

omegapd

Got a Govt. Model and a BACK-UP .45

I love both of them. They somehow got tied up in that "Ring of Fire" out there with Jennings and Bryco, etc. and that was the cause of their demise IMO.

SIGSHR

AMT pistols

I check the GPC site regularly, very little for AMT. Thanks for the suggestion
and the link.

BigEd63

I have an AMT Hardballer and both the regular 1911 barrels(with minor fitting) and slides will fit it.

My last parts change in mine was fitting a Wilson barrel and bushing to it.

I also have a GI parts gun built on an ESSEX frame and the GI slide swaps out easy with the AMT one.

Mike40-11

I have an AMT .45
As far as I know, it's not the Hardballer, doesn't say that on the slide anyway. Looks like a plain gov't model with the exception of oversize safety and slide release. Also has a beavertail and skeletonized hammer, but that looks like it was added. Some rough filing on the grip to fit. Anything I've found about them only talks about the Hardballer though. Anybody else seen these?

Oh, and High Standard has some of the AMT stuff now. If you check their web page www.highstandard.com they show some of the backups and Automags available on the Price List page. Don't know about parts, might call em and ask.

omegapd

Mike,

Mine is the plain jane Govt. Model. It says it on the slide. The Hardballer has that written on it.

Here's a crappy pic of mine:

Guns013.jpg

The commander one is a Llama, btw...