AMT Automag .50AE

kman

Just picked up this piece at local show and was wondering if anybody out there knows much about them aside from what I can read in the book, any actual experience? are parts around? what do they sell for? any information is appreciated.

Mine has proven to be very durable ( I have well over 500 rounds through mine with no problems )

High Point ( or ??? ) just started making the AMT Automags again... I don't think they've started doing the 50's yet, but the parts should be interchangable once they do...

I like my Automag better than the Desert Eagles, as I can shoot cast bullets through the gun ( the gas system of the Desert Eagles can't handle cast bullets )

it's definately a boomer, & a favorite ( 1 magazine ) gun for guests to my range, just to try it...

mine is scoped, & I added a slide pull knob to assist in racking the slide, & a handall finger groove slide on grip cover helps with retention of the lightest 50 A.E. auto ever made...

here's mine...

attachment.php

kman

Letting folks try the .50AE at your range, too nice, probably have some turn it down, it's a what? uhh, no thanks! I can see the need for the slide knob, mine takes quite a bit of effort to rack back. Did you install a recoil bushing? I was wondering about durability with all the cast parts that are used, I'd rather see a forged/milled slide stop, and barrel bushing. The rubber boot for the grip is a good idea and I'll have to swipe the one off my Kel-tec 2000. I did hear as well about the AMT line coming back, from the Crusader gun co. but think the .50AE will not be included. I think the company is the same one trying to bring back the High Standard line of target pistols, which Mitchell produced last in Tx. Hows the accuracy of yours?