Ammo store report..FYI

HK1

went to buy a few more things just in case..Hirt is all but gone here at my supplier..was no price increas..still 35bux per 200 but shop owner said he cannot get anymore and is down to 2 crates..223 south-african he has been selling 10 battle-packs per day at 40bux per 300 and he had 3 cases left in back and that was all he was going to get..he had received a few cases of 223 last friday and he said his supplier was out...in fact he was surprised he has received any at all..one thing he did say was the borders are controlled so tight right now he has been told that no more foreign ammo in battle-packs will be coming for some time..I guess if your shop has some you might want to pick up a little extra..looks like supplies of the cheap foreign ammo is going to be in short supply for some time..he did have a plentiful supply of 7.62*39 at 12bux per 120 ounds....shop is getting fairly well picked over here.....on a side bar//I did see an elderly couple fill up 50bux worth of gas in cans and put it in the trunk...gas station owner was having a fit over this but relented and let them do it......looks like even out here in the boonies people are beginning to start salting away some needed items..I have not been to interested in looking at a gun shop..but...I did hear from one dealer that he has been cleaned out of browning rifles..FWIW...HK-out

darogue1

was going to post something like this.....

I was going to call it ammo check....Anyway here is the report for my area (Reading PA)

2 different walmarts.... .223/5.56 Gone 9mm some around .45 some available. lots of hunting ammunition though.

Army and navy store.....223/5.56 available PMC and Winchester $3 per box average supply .45 and 9mm available in good supply

The Gun Gallery......overpriced wolf 5.56/.223 500per $100 ( it's the special stuff he told me...NOT) This was good though: Guatemalan "Battle Packs 360 rounds" $45 He got 10 cases in while I was standing there. Bought a battle pack. {as an aside..You should have seen what customs did to the cases..Open each one..open a battle pack from each case and then opened a box to look at the ammo. Then replaced everything and nailed them shut again. Good job guy's!} tons of 9mm and .45 mostly american eagle also some 7.62x54R

How about reports from around the country? I've heard of panic buying out there. Like before Y2K:rolleyes: How's about a Sit Rep from your area gang? DAROGUE1

chink

Dang, cheap 223 is in short supply and I am down to 1k rounds and I'm going to the range next week to plink. This is gonna be expensive.

fubsy

Ive still salted away a few rounds.....but Im having problems getting 168gr sierra matchkings and powder in 8lb containers.............heck it could be my local yokel gun dealer just not getting the orders in...........fubsy.