Ammo Recall - Hornady LeverEvolution

rlong5

Lot 3060134 30-30 Ammo

Hornady Mfg Company ballisticians have determined that some cartridges from Lot # 3060134 may be under loaded . An under loaded cartridge may result in a bullet remaining in the barrel after firing, causing an obstruction. Firing a second shot with a barrel obstruction from the first shot, will cause firearm damage and may cause personal injury to the shooter and bystanders.

DO NOT USE HORNADY LEVEREVOLUTION? 30-30 WIN. LOT #3060134.
The lot number can be found printed on the underside of the box label.

------------

I was about to go try out the four boxes that I recently bought. Every one of them is from this lot number...... :(

Crosshair

Too bad. A guy at the range was sighting his 30-30 out to 200 yards with LeverEvolution ammo. Quite impressive stuff and not too expencive.

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Yup. Looks like I'm stuck with a box of it with that lot #. Nearest place that sells it is a 45 minute drive away. At today's gas prices, it's not worth the round trip drive for that alone (pick up with a big V8 :( )

Blackwater OPS

Well you can still shoot it, just watch out for sqibbs. Might not be worth the risk though. I know I can feel it when I get an underpowered round, the "pop and no kick". Just don't rapid fire ;)

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Mabee you can shake the rounds and see if it has a low powder charge?
I don't think that would work, Crosshair; but here's a thought: Weighing the complete rounds? Now if someone would just post the weight of a "normal" round to compare 'em to ;) .

rlong5

Hornady seems to be handling this quite well. They'll send a pre-paid UPS label to return the ammo, and will ship replacement ammo after they receive yours.

Still takes time and is a little inconvenient, but not bad. Better than my last experience with Winchester/Olin.

KMBRTAC45

Between my friend and I, we have 7 boxes(how lucky can we be). Already called Hornady, UPS will be out to my house Thursday or Friday to pick it up.