Ammo question

Joe Portale

I'm not sure this goup is the right place to ask this question. Heck, I don't know where it really fits, but here it goes.

Can anyone clear somthing up for me. I like high power rifle. I was buying my ammo from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Good ammo at great prices. ANd I feel like I'm supporting something worthwhile. Image that a government program that actually works...no wonder they privatized it, don't want to show up the rest. Anyway, it seems the supply of Match ammo (M72 and M118) is gone. Now if all the good people of these United States used this stuff up, WAY TO GO! I understand that this stuff is surplus and supplies would not last forever.

Recently, I heard that there is still oodles of M72 (30.06 Match) and M118 (.308 match) sitting gubbermint warehouses. That among the other things that the criminal Klinton did while raping our land was put a stop to any further surplus sales to the CMP.

Can anyone tell me if this is true. I email CMP and they politly avoided the question.

EOD Guy

I doubt that is true since the CMP recently received a large shipment of M2 ball (boxed) from the Army.