Ammo Prices

ShootingNut

Any one else been hearing of a big price jump in Ammo coming soon?
Our war has been ongoing for some time now, other than powder or lead shortage, what would cause the increase? One guy said it's going up 30%.
Better back up the truck and start loading up!

GeorgeF

Huh - other than supply going towards military, copper and other metals have dropped 30%. One would think that might reflect towards ammo prices.

Sounds like the same line of sales guys trying to get away with shennanigans.

NCHornet

I have heard the same thing but have not seen any evidence that it is happening. Could be a ploy to sell more ammo in the 1st quarter?

BillCA

Anyone in the construction industry? That'll tell you a lot.

Prices have been rising for over a year on lumber, pipe, steel, concrete, copper (wire & piping), brass, aluminum, lead and zinc coated products. Most of it has been due to China's building frenzy and they've been consuming a bunch o' stuff.

Even if that building boom slows down enough to lower the raw material costs, I expect to see ammo makers continue the higher prices for a while. This will allow them to get some extra earnings for improved products in the future as well as maybe retiring some old debt. This will make the companies stronger, able to offer new products,

In the meantime, we're stuck with the higher prices.

TNBulldog

Yep

Prices of steel, aluminum and such are rising. I'm a PM at a steel contracting company and the price of metal is rising. Lots going out to china plus metal for the war. In Montgomery my uncle tells me copper is stolen for scrap prices a loto f his job sites. I was told there would be a first quarter jump, and sure enough, the last box of .44 shells I got from Cabela's was $18.99 in Dec and now they're well over $20.00.

Ripplingh2o

I recently bought the last 4 boxes of 100 rd valuepak WWB 40 S&W our local Walmart had for $12.88 per box. Hear tell they are now selling (elsewhere) for closer to 20 bucks for the same thing. Even my new Natchez catalog has ammo listed for approximatley 20% higher than the fall catalog. I've read posts from dealers also saying that the wholesale prices are increasing 12-18% just in January 07.

ShipWreck

Well, it has jumped in 2006.

Hell, I could get CCI Blazer in 9mm for $3.86 per box of 50 before Jan 1, 2006. It jumped 2-3 times this past year. Now its $5.69.

Wal-Mart went up. Some gun prices have gone up too (whole sale prices).... It sucks...

ShootingNut

Rippling,
Good buy, I like to check WalMart as they do have some attractive prices on Ammo. Up here, the .40 S&W USA 100 rd. box at Wally is more like 18 bucks, which still is a buy I think.
I wish USA had .357's and .38 Spl. and more in the 100 "bonus" boxes!
Decent ammo for target/plinking I think.

hpg

It has to do with the high prices on scrap metal that occured this past Spring and Summer......hpg