Ammo prices... Holy cow!!

skeeter1

I just got the latest flier from Midway today, and I can't believe the prices for ammo any more. Not just factory ammo, but even reloading supplies. Good Lord! I think they've just about doubled in the past year. Looks like I'm going to be using my .22 rimfires more often, but even those aren't cheap to shoot any more. :mad::(

rem870hunter

someone somewhere is jacking the cost up. i guess the scrap metal cost too and the economy as well. i bought a box of 50 grain 777 pellets back in jan. $40.00, $8.95 for a pack of 20 240 gr. t/c sabots, $20.00 for a pack of 295 gr. powerbelts. the .22 thunderbolts i found at another shop back in october were $1.99 for a box of 50. haven't bought any pistol or centerfire rifle ammo yet. shotshells are getting crazy too. $10.99 for 5 3" federal premium #1 buck. $7.95 for 5 3" win. super x #1 buck. the express high brass was $12.99 at dicks sports back in nov.

homefires

People here have been talking about it for the past six months! Copper, Brass, Lead, Gas, and a pile of other factors!

SamHouston

My $1200 tax rebate check should buy me a tank of gas, a box of shells and an entry fee at the local range. If I shop around, might be able to pick up a six pack with the change.