Ammo Boxes

deerslayer303

Does anyone else like interesting looking ammo boxes? I bought some ammo today just because I liked the box and well for 28.49 a box it couldn't be beat for factory loads. I will post a pic at the bottom. I also like Ultramax ammo boxes they give the classic feel to the classic cartridges. Please share some pics of your old cartridge boxes.
7afe8358df814bdda86e29896415b4d1.jpg

Model12Win

No, sorry. Pretty pictures don't make me want to buy the ammo. I am more worried about performance and quality. That kind of marketing obviously works well on certain types of people though.

deerslayer303

Yeah call me crazy, but I keep some boxes. And this HSM will be one of them. And the Purdy picture box was cheaper than the boring boxed ammo. [emoji2]

Hawg

I'll have to dig a couple of mine out for pics. Not exactly an ammo box but I have this.....Well it is now :D

Captchee

I found some Remington , Winchester and Peters cardboard shot shell boxs in my grandfathers gun cabinet after he passed . I thought the art work was rather cool so I kept them . Through the years I bought several different ones . Used to be able to buy them at yard sales flea markets and such .
One afternoon a fella came into my shop and happened to see the boxes on the shelf and offered me 500.00 for my 15 or so boxes .
I near laughed so hard I had to set down . 500.00 for empty cardboard boxes .
Eventually he convinced me that he was serious and I got the ladder and brought them down .
The guy looked them over and I remember thinking , What the He77 ??????.
He ended up taking 10 and still gave me 500.00 .
Later I found out what those boxes were really worth .
I made another 150.00 off the remaining 5 on e-bay
I still have a couple . one is a full box of shells. From what I have been told , that box of Federals is worth a couple hundred .
So don’t let folks play you a fool . Them old boxes can bring some serious cash if you have the right ones

bedbugbilly

I like interesting boxes both old and new but don't collect 'em. I would never buy ammo based on the box though - let's face it - it's just a marketing ploy. I haven't purchased any "store bought" ammo in a long long time as I cast all mine and reload. But like the OP says - "star line" brass - I do like it especially in my 45 Schofield and Colt loadings - good brass!

It's interesting though to see how the box designed have changed over the years. What get's me is when I see "antique" boxes advertised and it's boxes from ammo that I used to shoot when I was a kid! Now THAT makes a person feel old! :):eek::D

Gaucho Gringo

I keep my black powder stored in an old wooden dynamite box that is around 75 years old. It says "Danger High Explosives" so I figure that is warning enough. Could probably get 20 1lb cans of BP in it. It has a hinged top and a hasp for a padlock.