American Spirit Arms

ZekeLuvs1911

Hi everybody,
I'm currently putting together a "M4orgery" and I was wondering how ASA compares to Bushmaster. I own 2 Bushies already and want to try someone else. Thanks!

USMCsilver

The more I read about ASA, the more I doubt I will ever own one of their rifles. From what I understand, they have been on the downslope for a while.

If you want an M4gery, and don't want to put a lot of dough into it, then you should strongly consider Rock River Arms. They are taking the AR-15 market by storm and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Just something to consider...

Swamp Yankee

Have an ASA 9mm Flattop. The fit and finish is as good as my 2 Bushmasters. When I was selecting what I wanted I called ASA and sent a couple of e-mails. They always were helpful and responded quickly.
As to the function well over 1000 rounds through my ASA. Not one jam or FTF. The mag adaptor works perfectly with original Colt and the 40 round Argentian surplus mags. Have fired USA White Box, UMC, some Surplus 9MM +P, and some very light 147 grain reloads. (The reloads were not much louder than a .22) Rifle cycles and feeds everything.
Installed a C-More Tactical on the flattop. Gives the option of A2 sights, red dot, or both.
From my experience no complaints with either the rifle or the company.
Take Care

USMCsilver

As I said, I was just going by what I had read recently. Here is one post that I recall.

http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002303.html

I'm not knocking them because I have no personal experiance with the rifles.

On another note, last Wed. I put in an order for a muzzle brake and they guy on the phone was curtious and helpful. The brake is on my doorstep at home right now.

Ya just never know...;)