American Gunsmithing Ass

beemerb

Does anyone know anything about this outfit.I am getting info from them and wonder if its all on the up and up.Could use any info you have.

beemerb

Really like answers with no information in them.Funny but doesn't do me any good.Anybody have any good information?

Sometimes their magazines have nothing more than detailed instructions on disassembly along with a few comments here and there about problems. Problem is, if you've been around long enough, you will have a general understanding of how to disassemble just about any gun and put it back together too.

Of late though there have been some more how-to or work bench type articles from members. These are insights which can be invaluable. In the past was a two part article on how to make fibre-glass stocks, something which I suspect was offered to TFL members two years ago (boy, were we young then) at $10.

Summing it up, it all depends on what level of experience or expertise you're at. It also depends on what type of machinery you have available. It's no good to read about milling out a part and not having access to a mill. Further, for a reader with absolutely no machine shop experience, some material may go right over their head.

beemerb

I have been working on firearms for many yrs.I allso some background in machineshop operation but no access to to lathe or mill.I just wonder any of the info will of good use to me.
Thanks for some solid info.
PS. Are the discounts they talk about on parts and other things worth it?Do many places honor it?

beemerb

Thanks DZ but its not AGI.I have been doing bus with them for yrs and they are a good outfit.
Its american gunsmiting association that I am looking for info about.Thinking about suscribing but I want to know if its worth the money.

Navy joe

I got the info too, and I think they got my info from an online purchase made at Numrich, gee I love it when total strangers share info about me, and no I know nothing about them

Doubleought

What Gary said is pretty much right on the money. I've been in for a couple of years now, and I will renew. I think that the investment is well worth the return. I like having lot's of reference material. Besides, you never know when you'll learn something new. Just my 2 cents. YMMV

Regarding discounts, Gun Parts Inc. gives discounts to members as does Brownells (but not on tools). They also have the other standard stuff like car rentals or credit card apps (uggh).

Sid K

I subscribed a couple of months ago and have received my first two issues. Have been well pleased so far. Their articles are well written and informative. A couple of them were on projects that I have been planning to try for some time. Maybe now I'll make time and get them done.
Sid K