AMERC brass for reloading?

Do you like to reload with AMERC brass?

• Yes; it is acceptable to me and my guns.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • No; it is unacceptable to me and my guns.

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Never ran across the stuff, so I can't say.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjhands

I know how I feel about this stuff, but ran across a fella who said it didn't bother him one bit. Thought I'd take a poll to see what the consensus was. I predict.........a landslide in the negative.

gb_in_ga

I've encountered it in .38 Spl bulk brass before, and almost always the rim was too thick and it wouldn't function right in my revolver. No, thanks -- I'll not use it.

HSMITH

I feel cheated by having to expend miniscule energy heaving it at the trash can.

Shoot a couple stalls down from the ol' boy that told you it works fine, it is just a matter of time for a guy like that:eek:

Calif Hunter

I tried reloading some once. I picked it up at the local indoor range. Half of the new primers fell out from the air pressure as I seated the bullets... it is junk.

donkee

The are nasty indeed. Every now and then one will escape the trash can. When I run them through the LEE FCD, the go in mega hard and come out easy. I'll still shoot them, but if lucky they will be lost. Had a guy shooting Amerc ammo at the range a couple weeks ago. When he shot at the IDPA targets, we would find fragments of jacket peppering the targets. :barf:

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
Words fail me

There's no way to express the utter contempt I feel for AMERC brass, cartridges, the manufacturer, the wholesalers, or those writers and end users who give it decent reviews, either through ignorance or duplicity.

As a dedicated handloader, I certainly prefer cases which CAN be recycled through the chambers of my firearms. I am glad that, at least, Blazer aluminum and Wolf steel case may be seen at a glance to be unsuitable for reloading. I loathe the necessity of expending the energy to detect the unspeakable trash that is AMEREC brass.

As TFL Staffer for Handloading and Reloading Forum, I feel a duty to maintain a certain balance in discussing various products. Oh, I make no secret of my personal preference for certain products - - I like Dillon presses over, say, Lee, and I'll say outright that I think Sierra Bullets are a superior balance of high quality and reasonable pricing. But I most often can find something nice to say about most any provider to our chosen sport. I regret there is absolutely no way I can find any single positive thing to say about the unmitigated GARBAGE that is AMERC brass or ammo.

Very truly yours - -
Johnny

Poodleshooter

To this thread-haha :D
Me, I crush them with pliers and throw them in the garbage.

Ok, which one of you jokers said that it was ok in your guns? :p

I've often thought that Amerc is actually a company whose shadow owners are members of the pro-gun-control crowd.

My conspiracy theory is that they feel that if they can't outlaw our guns, they'll at least annoy us with substandard ammunition while making some money off us.

tjhands

Mike,

I'm a sucker for a good conspiracy theory! This sounds about right. I can see Mel Gibson in the starring role. :D

PoiDog

Recycling it is the best use for it, as someone mentioned above. No doubt about it, it is garbage especially in .45 acp.

gschwertley

AMERC brass

If any comes my way, it goes straight to the scrap brass barrel. Too thick usually. To compensate for soft brass, they make it thicker. Good for the bulged look when bullets are seated.