AMERC .45 Brass

carpfisher

I found some of this brand in a bunch pick up brass and it never passed the go/nogo gage.
The base of the shell is always fat. This is after I have run them thru my SDB.
Any comments?

dogfood

carpfisher:

AMERC brass (produced by American Ammunition) is notorious for being oversize (i.e. too thick) and soft. I absolutely despise the stuff, and crush it immediately whenever I find it (less some other poor reloading soul runs into it).

But don't take my word for it. Do a search in this forum on "AMERC" and you'll find a recent poll started by tjhands requesting opinions on AMERC brass. About 80% of the respondents didn't like it, and about 7% said it was OK. The posted comments speak volumes.

dogfood

Rivers

Next time you're picking up brass and you see a piece of Amerc, just pick up a sharp stick and poke yourself in the eye, instead.

Lycanthrope

You can actually size that stuff and bulge the case base just by seating a new bullet.

It IS the SPAWN OF THE DEVIL in .45. Somewhat better in .40, but I always look for the offcenter primer pockets.....

On second thought, please bury it......deeply..

Monkey

.32 ACP Sucks Too!

I was blinded by the cheap price at Dunhams (discount sporting good store in my area.) I bought a box for my Kel-Tec P32.

Prior to this, I have never had a single problem with this gun (which I bought for a deep concealment carry gun.) In about 500(+) rounds of various commercial ammo, including round nose and hollowpoints, Remingtion, Winchester, etc...., not a single jam, FTF, FTE, nothing, no hiccups at all!

In the first magazine of the Amerc, 3 failures to eject. The extractor slipped over the rim rather than pulling it out of the chamber. Same deal for about half the box. I finally gave up. Anybody want half a box of this crap?

BTW, lest any of my reloading brothers and sisters fall prey to the lure of free brass on the ground, I tossed 'em all in the trash.

Lycanthrope

BTW, lest any of my reloading brothers and sisters fall prey to the lure of free brass on the ground, I tossed 'em all in the trash.

I think I can speak for all of us......

Thank You.

Today you have made the world a better place for everyone.