AMC Loaded 1911?

WESHOOT2

my sincere advice

If buying a cheap 1911 buy a cheap Springfield Armory or new-manufacture AutoOrdnance.
They both offer quality metallurgy.

NGIB

OK, I'll ask directly what's wrong with the metallurgy in an RIA? I keep seeing a few folks post this but I've never seen any evidence why they think it's so. STI chose RIA to supply frames for the Spartan series so how substandard can it be?

I'd buy another RIA in a heartbeat before an A/O 1911...

WESHOOT2

if you only shoot 1K it will never matter

Certain pistolsmiths have commented on suspect metallurgy.

The current moonie-AO is made from not-pot-metal.
Same with Springfield Armory.

I recognize that only one of a thousand owners (of these) will EVER shoot enough through it for it to matter.
Sometimes "cheap" is exactly that.

NGIB

Certain pistolsmiths? This still doesn't tell me much. If you go over to the Armscor section on the 1911 forums it's hard to find a bad comment on these guns. And BTW I own Springers, have owned Kimbers, so I'm not trapped into bargain 1911's. With RIA's lifetime, and from what I read great, customer service - who cares...

WESHOOT2

okay, highly respected pistolsmiths

Whom I would not presume to speak for.

As I've stated before, it will not matter to most owners, as they will simply never shoot the gun enough to matter.

Matters to me, though.

Knowing and recognizing (and owning) the difference between quality and cheap, I have learned there is often a significant different.
I am not a snob.
I have learned that very often one gets what they pay for.