Amazing!!!!!

Radicalcleric

In 1985 I lost 23 guns in a burglary. Three were recovered by police within a year. None of the other 20 have been seen since.

Today a card arrived at my mother's house addressed to me. It was from the Burbank, CA Police Department advising me that one of my stolen guns had been recovered and that I should call the detective to arrange return. After 17 years I never expected to see any of them again!

Now I wonder which one it is that has been found?

Ladybug

WoW that's pretty cool!!

I got a letter from the Denver airport the other day telling me that I still owed them $3.65 from a ticket three years ago -- they had tracked me through three address changes. I decided to go ahead and pay them for the effort. Ha ha.

tlhelmer

I recovered over 30 stolen guns from the Ohio river one time. They had been in there for over a year. They were pretty much shot so the owner was not pleased. He said that the insurance did not pay off 100% of their value.

They were mostly antiques and wwII style weapons.

Radicalcleric

Talked to the Burbank detective and they recovered my H&K M91 rifle. That's clearly the most valuable of the guns stolen so I guess that's a good one to get back. If I can get it back, that is. He said the process was very slow, and I might have to get it in person. I left CA in 1992 and live in Arkansas, now. Told him I would be there next month to visit family for Christmas but he wasn't sure it would be ready for release that soon. How long does it take?

Libertarian

When My ParaOrdinance P14-45 was stolen on Oct 98 it was recovered in Jan 99 by Montgomery Co, MD PD. I didn't get it back until mid 2000. They ROR'd the suspects and had to go find all three before the trail could proceed. Then they ROR'd one of them again and had to go find him again before the trail could finish.

Guyon

Just a tangential question here...

Has anyone ever called on the NRA to provide that $1000 gun insurance that supposedly comes with membership? Just curious if it's mere lip service with a bunch of catches, or if the NRA really does make good on its promise here.

My brother filed a claim and got the price of his gun, scope, scope base & rings, sling & case reimbursed. Oh, and scope covers too.

BTW, congratulations on the recovery.