Am thinking of.........

kirkcdl

I have a Para Carry C6.45,six round single stack.The Carry 12 was a bit thick for me.When I want to carry hi-cap in 45,I carry my Taurus 24/7.Hard to believe that Taurus could fit 12 in a grip that size...I also have a Taurus PT-745 single stack,but if capacity is what you want,you might also look at the Taurus PT-145,10+1.I have a few friends that carry them and love them...

kirkcdl

The LDA trigger is the best thing to happen to the 1911.That's only my opinion,so no flamers,please.I also owned a Para Ordnance Tac-Four,which is a 13+1 LDA.I liked it a lot,but a buddy of mine liked it more,so he bought it.I used the money to get an HK USP fullside 45.If price isn't a problem,check out the HK line also,they're very nice.I currently have 2,a Fullsize 45 and a Compact in 357Sig,I love them both.Although I do enjoy carrying my Para Carry a lot...

warwagon

thanks again for valuable information! I am not realy that bid on the HKs at this timefor a # of reasons,size being one. But I do like the thought of a consisstant trigger pull on each shot. Is it as smooth as they say? Also what is the price range?
Thanks in advance,
Blair

kirkcdl

Well,I don't know if you mean the Para or the Taurus,so I'll cover them both.The LDA trigger is one of a kind,you really have to try it to know.ParaOrd actually encourages people to dry fire them so they"ll get hooked.Find any LDA at a gun show and give it a try.As far as the Taurus goes,it IS a true double action only,trigger is the same with every pull.It's not as sweet as an LDA,but it is consistent and smooth,and it has second strike capability,which the Para does not.I find this to be a relatively important factor in choosing a carry gun.Not that I worry about the Para failing,but if it doesn't go bang,for whatever reason,you have to rack the slide on the Para to fire again,which also costs you a round.You just pull the trigger again on the Taurus.I do carry them both,though...I don't know the prices for a Para,you'll have to ask your dealer.I paid $500 shipped for my Para Carry,the guy dropped the price due to a ding in the front sight.I had to really look to find it.My Tac-Four was NIB,$671 plus shipping,with two 13 round mags.Taurus 24/7 in 45 runs about $360-$400,the PT145/745 guns are right around $300 new,depending on your dealer...

dwmilton

Hello there...I'm in the market for a 45 or 40, and had considered the 24/7. Until now, I hadn't read any positive input regarding them on these forums. I've been getting steered to the Sigs, H&Ks, Glocks, & Berettas. I like the Ruger P345 & the 24/7 but have about ruled them out due to the replies I've gotten in the forums...

D.