Am I nuts? Another S&W Model 10!

XavierBreath

Another S&W Model 10-5 followed me home today. It was in just to good a shape to let languish on a pawnshop shelf for $179. All matching, maybe half a box of ammo through it and sock-drawered afterwards for 40 years. I figured it needed some exercise! It's my second 10-5. Am I crazy?

SmithWesson10-5.jpg

bothModel10-5s.jpg

Sir William

AFAIK, yes. You need a Model 1899 up to a Model 10-11. You need varied barrels, lengths and round or square butts, splinter grips, wagon tops and magnagripped versions. Blued and nickel. Old S&W, Bangor Punta, LSI, Enlish and American ownership and even round and ramped front sights and dimpled and milled rear sight trough versions. Two of the same? All I can suggest is a western 2-gun rig! LOL www.sanpedrosaddlery.com

38Mike

179 BUCKS???????????? Something that bootiful would run close to 400 around Wichita....................

Wildalaska

OK....

Listen up...

Having those guns is an insult...

Unless of course you CARRY them in a carved leather double shoulder rig...

Pics please

WildthankyouAlaska

Kestrel

Beautiful! I have a weakness for them, too. I can't explain it.

I would have strained my shoulder reaching for my wallet, too.

Steve

marano

For that price....

I would have kissed the guy who was selling it. I have always like them and I bought one about four years ago on an auction. Its in good shape but that one you just bought is pristine. Now I shoot all my guns so I don't know if I would want that one, I don't know if I could shoot it!

XavierBreath

Now I shoot all my guns so I don't know if I would want that one, I don't know if I could shoot it!
Funny you should mention that..... I took both Model 10's out today and they split a value pack of WWB between them. Both guns are tackdrivers at 10 yards. Now I just have to dig up another Tyler T. :D

38splfan

Model 10.

Coming from a guy who has, at various times, had 11 or more of them, and is (joyfully for the wife) down to ONLY 6 of them, no you're not.

Not nuts or crazy or even disturbed, you just have good taste. However, if you feel that you have too many, I will happily PM you my shipping address :D