Am I missing something with this auction ?

Eric Larsen

Its really quite simple.......because it came from a collection", that means the "collector" paid way to much for it, as it is a "collectable" and he hopes to recoupe some money from his "investment".

In reality, what I just said is some sap got taken for a very nice Walther and hopes to pass on his misfortune to the next sap who is stupid enough to buy it.

Shoot well.

wayniac

Its really quite simple.......because it came from a collection", that means the "collector" paid way to much for it

I think Mr. Larsen is on to something here. The current SOG catalog has these little Walthers for $279. Sure, you have to find a dealer to do the transfer and I'm sure the SOG guns aren't "mint", but I don't see how that adds 7 bills to the price:D

In the end, any gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it--even when that is too much.

SouthpawShootr

I don't know, the German-made guns were at a premium. Maybe worth $500 in my book. Now, if it were a PP in .22, I've seen quite a few of those going at outrageous prices.

yorec

GB must be down for a moment - nothing coming through for me and I was just a tiny bit interested...

Guess I won't bid. ;)