Alternative to Surefire XC1

HistoryJunky

I was looking at buying a weapon mounted light for my newest pistol purchase, a CZ-P07. It is a compact sized handgun, and I noticed that most lights extend past the barrel. For ease of carry, I would prefer a smaller light.

After searching around, I came upon the Surefire XC1. It is pretty much exactly the size I want, but man is the price tag huge. Depending on the retailer, north of $200.

So, I was wondering if there are other companies that make a substantially similar product, but less expensive. I'm willing to spend maybe $150.00 on a light as a max price. $200 plus just seems too high to me.

DubC-Hicks

A friend of mine runs a Streamlight TLR6 on his FNS9c and likes it. It's a bit smaller than a TLR1 and would probably go well on a P07.

FAS1

VtWH5wL.jpg

$129.00 for the light (no laser).

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/viridian-ctl-tactical-light

rpseraph

What I have done in the past is put a circle of electrical tape around the end of the light so powder hits that instead of the bezel of the light. You can replace that when it gets mucked up.

Found this with a Google search:

CZ P07 with a TLR-3.
CZP07.jpg

HistoryJunky

What I have done in the past is put a circle of electrical tape around the end of the light so powder hits that instead of the bezel of the light. You can replace that when it gets mucked up.

Found this with a Google search:

CZ P07 with a TLR-3.
CZP07.jpg
That's not a bad idea. My reasoning is purely aesthetic for wanting the light to be flush with the muzzle. I'll probably just forget about that and go with the TLR-3

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk