Alternate sights on TS 22/45 upper.

Japle

I bought a Tac-Sol upper for my Mk II 22/45 so I could use the suppressor. I found out it’s a really light, quick gun for Steel Challenge, but the sights weren’t very good. The rear sight, especially, had a small blade that was hard to pick up in a hurry. Digging around in my box-o-sights, I found a rear sight from a 10” Thompson Contender. The Contender barrel has a slightly smaller diameter than the TS, but it screwed on with no problem. I had to remove some metal from the bottom of the sight so it would clear the assembly pin. The sight’s got good, solid clicks and a big, slanted blade. NOTE: The Super 14 sight doesn’t fit. You could make it fit, but there’s no advantage over this one.

The TS front sight was too small and slanted the wrong way. I bought an FO sight from them. Much better. Shooting on the plate rack yesterday, the difference was significant.

The 7” sight radius is fine for SC shooting. The gun snaps up on target and transitions are quicker and easier than with the original 5 ½” Ruger bull barrel.

NewSightsRight.jpg

SupressedLeft.jpg