Almost finished my first AR build...

cannonfire

Well my year long build is coming to an end... still need an optic (most likely a red dot), suppressor, grenade launcher, fore grip, flashlight, laser, and what ever else I can buy to prolong the end of the build.

I started the build just to have an economical AR but some how the girlfriend convinced me to buy the parts I really wanted. Ok, all she said was "I'll buy most of the parts for you if you teach me to shoot." DONE!

Here she is....

Spikes' stripped upper and lower
Magpul mil-spec CTR stock
Magpul MIAD pistol grip
Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
Magpul MOE handguards
Geissele SSA trigger
PSA lower parts kit
Bravo Company BCG
Bravo Company SS410 16" mid-length barrel (ionbond black)(<-- I had to be a vegetarian for a week for her to buy me the barrel. She didn't think I could do it)

YHM Phantom 5C2 flash hider
Standard A2 front sight
Detachable Carry Handle (had it laying around)
Ejection Port Cover is laser engraved with the US battle flag and punisher symbol

So far I have about $400 in it and the girlfriend has about $800

What do you guys think?
Don't make fun of my punisher symbol... its tacky but I like it:D

Last edited:

Marquezj16

Can't see the picture but seems like you used quality parts.
Range time should be next before you add a grenade launcher. :eek:

Last edited:

cannonfire

I was just kidding about the grenade launcher but I will have to figure out the picture, I was able to see it on my computer but it could be because I was logged into my account, I'll get working on it

cannonfire

I couldnt get the picture to post on here so I just attached it

Sorry for the terrible picture it came from my phone... and yes my dog in the picture was my moral support to putting it all together

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 50

Marquezj16

Nice. You did well.

I am building one myself. I'm building a 20" rifle to mimic an M16A2. I just completed the lower and the BCM upper receiver and parts are on order. The BCM barrel is out of stock so I'm waiting. I'll probably go with BCM on the BCG as well.

cannonfire

The barrel that I got was out of stock for a couple of months and it just so happened that when I won the bet she checked to see if she could put it on back order and it was in stock, so she bought it right then. If that wasn't a sign from the Gun God then I don't know if one exists :D

DasGuy

You should get a BCM gunfighter charging handle.

And I wish someone would buy me stuff like that. :(

cannonfire

DasGuy- I had an extra charging handle from the Marines, so its already the oversized latch so I couldnt bring myself to buy the BCM one

Zippy- I would but she doesnt like California guys :eek:

I'm really glad she "convinced" me to go out and get the stuff I wanted, I couldn't be happier with the rifle.

Now she wants me to build her one!

CTS

I'm really glad she "convinced" me to go out and get the stuff I wanted, I couldn't be happier with the rifle.

Now she wants me to build her one!
Sounds like a keeper.