Almost bought an M & P 9mm today

Logs

Went to Bud's gun shop in Paris, KY. Couldn't believe that they were selling new M & P's for $399 + tax.

Seems like a killer deal, but I am leaning toward getting a PX4 storm instead. Still can't decide on my next 9mm.... :confused:

S.Miller

Browning Hi Power maybe? Depends on your budget and what kind of features you like. The most faithful 9mm I've ever owned (and I sold it :mad: ) was a S&W 469. BTW, if it means anything, Taurus has a wonderful system that gives you both a manual safety (can carry cocked & locked if you want) and a decock on some of their models.

Logs

I guess I should mention.... Already own Glock 26, Beretta 92, Sig 226, HK USP 9mm and XD 9mm. I am looking for an addition to the collection.

I can't decide between the new Beretta or the M & P?????

Has anyone shot both side by side or own both the PX4 or M & P???

bronicadave

Logs, I own both the PX-4 and the M&P, the Beretta in 9mm and the M&P in 40 S&W. If I had to pick it would be a tough choice. The M&P feels better in the hand, narrower or better contour at the top of the grip. The PX-4 has very low recoil for a gun of this weight. There is no torque effect from the rotating barrel. I think it really comes down to the double action striker fired of the traditional double/single action. I like the M&P trigger better than the XD, the XD feels a little mushy whereas the M&P has a crisp break. I can't really compare to a Glock, don't own one, only shot one a few times.

Go with your gut on this, you'll buy the other one in a few months either way.

tydephan

Glad someone finally started this thread. I have been tortured over which to one to purchase now for about a month.

Logs

Go with your gut on this, you'll buy the other one in a few months either way

You are probably right. For $400 I think I will go get the M & P next week.

Thanks for the imput.

TxPhantom

Buy The MP.....

Jump on the MP at that price! I bought my MP40 for $409.95 at a Texas gun show and thought I got a great deal. The MP is a very good pistol. I'll be buying the compact as soon as it is available.:)

Pud

I'm leaning toward an M&P also....

Bud's shows a M&P 9mm for $369.00!

Not sure what features it has/comes with, but sounds like a very good price!

What do you guys think??
Pud