Alligator Wrestling Pt 2

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Hi kids NO JOKE our Gator connection in Fla. didn't pan out. (for the uninitiated I have a CRAZY friend getting married in late Sept. and for his bachelor party he wants to wrestle a 6 foot alligator some where near New Orleans, if we can buy and make the gator into a pair of boots later that would be great.)
Donations of chain mail underwear appreciated.

So seriously folks, around labor day weekend we are planning to be in New Orleans with a video camera a paramedic and one very silly groom looking to wrestle an animal that hasn't eveolve one second in 3 million years before the traditional booze and stripper sort of bachelor party antics ensue.

ANY leads are appreciated,

please contact me at doctorrob_98@yahoo.com

Rob

FUD

{Scotty Accent On}: An I to understand that you wish to capture an alligator down here in Florida and them bring him back to New Orleans so that somebody can wrestle him? {Scotty Accent Off} Well, all you have to do is come to my house around twilight after a heavy rain -- which happens almost every day during the summer months and you'll be able to spot a gator within a day or two at most. As a matter of fact, we're getting a major downpour right now. While I won't swear to it, but there's a very good chance that I'll be able to spot one this evening -- assuming it stops raining before twilight.
View
=247356&a=1840209&p=16534275&Sequence=0">
If you're really in a hurry, take I-75 head south from Tampa or head north from Miami. Either way you go, you'll be in the Everglades within half an hour to 45 minutes. Set up a bar-b-que along the highway and start cooking burgers, chicken, etc.; once the smell starts to circulate, you'll have a few gators coming over for supper within the hour or less. Regards,
smilefud.gif
FUD

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited July 18, 2000).]

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
to reiterate..

I'm in Colorado.. we have gators only in zoos.. my crazy friend wants to find gator wrestling within an hour or two of new orleans, where we plan on holding his bachelor party. Money for aforementioned gator is not an issue.. we were sort of hoping to find a gator ranch or farm that would allow us to takle this task with a bit more safty than bailing out of a bass boat in the bayou.

Make sense?

Seriously this is pretty urgent so any info will be much appreciated.

Dr.Rob

Pretty Please?

[This message has been edited by Dr.Rob (edited July 20, 2000).]

DorGunR

Dr Rob asked.........Make sense?

NO and Hell NO. I really don't think this is a good idea. But if you guys go thru with it I wish you good luck cause you're sure gonna need it.

------------------
"Lead, follow or get the HELL out of the way."

Satanta

What DorGunR said- "No and hell no."

First it is illegal to mess with gators in Florida or LA. They are a protected species and special licensing is required to keep them or their parts. You might find an unscupulous gator raiser to do it...but I would bet as soon as he takes your money and you open the doors-you will have the feds all over you.

Now...if you wanna do it anyway...you can get some smaller gators by using fishing line a bobber and, if you wanna, a hook...keep in mind this will be a SMALL gater. You wait till dark, tie the bobber on the end of the line...wanna hook em [not neccesary] you tie the hook right onto the bobber. Toss into watwer and shine a spotlight on the bobber...the gators come for the bobber...you can slowly reel it in till you can jump in the water and catch him...or for a small one, net im.

As far as a pair of boots...hope you know how to tan gater hide. And make boots.

I'd suggest getting a medium sized pig and some lard and let him wrestle with it...at least you can eat the pig...rather than vice-versa. :)

------------------
Satanta, the Whitebear
Sat's Realm: <A HREF="http://SatantasRealm.tripod.com/Entrypage/entrypage.html

My" TARGET=_blank>http://SatantasRealm.tripod.com/Entrypage/entrypage.html

My</A> Disability petition: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/DisbHelp/petition.html

C.R.Sam

What Satanta n DorGunR said.

No and hell NO.

I used to think a six footer was small till marine buddy n I got overly intimate with one bout that size bout 45 years ago. Ended up bein a very expensive fishin trip and State Farm was upset enough to ask me to insure with somebody else, anybody else; or be uninsured.

Pig or bride sounds to me to be a better option.

Sam, follow me, I know a shortcut.

utvols

Dude its been 3 years since I was down there for spring break and I think you should be able to find a gator farm relatively easy once your down there. If my memory serves me. By the way dont get fooled into thinking there are truly live orgies on stage or even full nudity. Believe it or not thats illegal in N.O. Unless you spend mucho dinero and do some shady stuff. Oh yea Pat O'Brians has the best Hurricains (on the corner of la rue burbon and another street that left my memory) and don't waist your time with the $6 hotdogs on carts, find cafe du monde (across from Jackson square)and get 3 benes (french donut) for a $1 open 24hrs. "Have Fun"