All wheelies?

Tom2

In the past and lately I have questioned my ownership of these newfangled wack and clatter brass spittin' automatic pistols and wondered if I should trade them all off and just add revolvers to my collection in place. Have some wheel guns and I suspect they will fill the bill for all my needs. But all this daydreaming has not changed anything yet. Anyone out there a hunnert percent wheelgun collector who does not keep any selbtsladepistolen wonder guns in the safe?

Laz

The only autos I own are a couple of small Kel-Tecs. I once owned quite a few. Might get a 1911 again one day. Everything I have is either a double or single action revolver. I'm not well-balanced.

john1911

Most of mine are revolvers. I have a Kimber 1911 and a Ruger MKII. I may replace the MKII with a Ruger Single Six someday.

The 1911 will be the last handgun I would ever get rid of. I shoot it well and trust it completely for self defense. Not that I don't trust my revolvers, I just prefer the 1911 in a life or death situation.

ewayte

I have pared my brass chuckers down to two: SIG P226 Navy (NSW serial #) and a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911. The internals on the 1911 have been replaced with parts from Actions by T by yours truly, so it's a really personalized gun.

I've owned a Beretta NEOS, 92FS, Kahr PM9, Springfield Armory XD9 subcompact and a S&W M&P 9c - all were traded in to purchase revolvers. :)

FS2K

Sorry, i got all excited with the title of this post...

Thought we were gonna be talking 90mph standup wheelies on clear country roads....

I may not be a revolver man, but I do have a Colt Python which I feel is a excellent revolver.

Tom2

I had thought that the last auto I would let go of is the Colt 45. Maybe keep it simply because it shoots big bullets, is fully reliable, and you can take it apart down to the last bit and reassemble it without a big manual or special tools. And it is all steel. And has a nice trigger pull as DA autos do not quite make it to the quality of a real good revolver SA or DA pull for me. All those manuals for modern autos-"do not attempt to disassemble beyond field stripping for cleaning or regular maintenance". OK I admit I would not take a Colt revolver apart to that level but all my Smiths have been a pile of parts(but orderly) at one time or another for serious cleanup.

Sarge

I could get along with either type exclusively, although I appreciate them both and own some of each.

Art in Colorado

Semi Autos

About 2 years ago I got the Auto bug. Had four Sigs. After playing with them for awhile I came to my senses and sent them down the road. I might regret not having kept the the 220 45 ACP but I replaced them with a S&W 629 Classic (first edition), a 640 .38 and a four inch 57 no dash. Now all I have are my S&W's, Ruger Single actions and my one and only Freedom Arms model 83. I have the funds for another but can't decide between a Ruger or S&W.

Don P

Almost equal

I have 8 wheelies,;) 1 derringer,:) 13 semi's.:D:cool: What to buy next? For now something will have to strike my fancy hard. :cool:

couldbeanyone

In the past I have owned automatics made by AMT, Beretta, Bersa, Browning, CZ, Colt, H+K, Ruger, Sig Sauer, and Walther. Some were pretty good guns, some were not. They are all gone now. My handgun collection now consists of only wheel guns, all pre-lock Smith & Wessons. At last count I have a 2 inch model 12, no less than 11 K-frame .357's, and 4 22l.r. k-frames, including three 3 inch 65's, two 2 inch 65's, and three 2 1/2 inch 19's. My rifles are all Marlin 30-30's. Guess I've gotten a little old fashioned and set in my ways as i've aged, but these guns will git-r-done under all conditions if you will do your part. (Provided your not in an action adventure movie, Alaska, or Africa.) Just my humble opinion of course.

dispatcher

My semi auto 1911, Ruger P95, Ruger P90, Browning Buckmark, and Browning HighPower will stay with me. Other than that, S&W pre lock and Rugers are the only thing I have any interest in adding to the family. All guns are tools, but these revolvers are exceptionally desirable tools.

vanilla_gorilla

Just a year ago, I was 7/3 in favor of the bottomfeeder guns. At of this afternoon, I am 5/8 in favor of the roundguns. Best I can do for ya.

BikerRN

8/2 in favor of wheelies.

I have to keep the 2 bottomslabemjamacrunchentickers for those "special occaisions" where I have to carry them. At work I also carry an autoloader, but I don't own that piece of junk.

I plan to up the wheelie count again next year, but I may also buy one bottomfeeder.

Biker

FS2K

I'd like to own more revolvers...

I would definately like a 4" .44 Magnum with a non-fluted cylinder. (They are SO cool!)

I'd like a Ruger Birdshead Vaquero chambered in .357 mag.

I'd also like to have a pair of identical twins, S&W snubbies in 38spl.

And a 3" Smith chambered in .45 ACP.

Add that to my Colt Python and that would make my final count:

6 to 5...but only on my wish list!

Tom2

I recently got a Sig 220 and although it is a nice well made gun with alot of positives, I don't think my particular example outshoots my 1911 that has not been accurised. And it shoots low, hard to fix with night sights. Only advantage I see over my Colt is that the Colt can leave a little welt on the web of my hand from firing. Not that bad. I can imagine my stainless Smiths lasting for 200 years of normal use, not beating them with hard loads. As for an auto with alloy frame and a coating of what resembles black spraypaint, well, I think they are maybe designed with a specific lifetime in mind, sort of like a rifle barrel for high intensity rounds, estimated bore life is so many thousands of rounds. Not a problem for professional users, they use up a gun and taxpayers replace it right on schedule. I suppose if economics forced my hand, I would let most of the autos depart before the revolvers, or plan to keep a basic battery of revolvers. I think they are good enough for any sport or leasure shooting I can imagine, or normal SD roles, as I suspect if you stay out of the worst places that are obvious to be avoided, the rev. can fill the bill for you. If you need a hicap mag to use up for SD, you are in a real jam already. Taking on a whole gang?

joshua

I have more autos than revolvers, and I have mostly 1911s when it comes to autos. I supposed I'm 50/50 too, I can't believe I'm saying that! :eek: josh