Alien Gear Holster

wvshooter

Thought I'd give Alien Gear holsters a try. Bought four of the original cowhide hybrid holsters for four different guns at a total cost of $117. They have a very good deal if you buy two holsters at one time so I bought two pair.

The kydex is a little thicker than what is used on most hybrids. The fit of each of the four kydex scabbards to the four guns was amazing. Each was an absolutely perfect fit. Guns were a CZ75BD, a Sig P250 compact, a Smith & Wesson Sigma 9VE and a Glock 23. The scabbard has adjustable fasteners at both the front and rear. Some of the competition uses rivets which are not adjustable or adjustable fasteners at only the front or the rear.
AG includes a generous number of extra fasteners with each holster.

The cowhide itself has a combat cut which makes it easier to draw the gun. I opted for the polymer belt clips instead of the metal. One of the problems with the metal clips is the way the bottom of the clip sticks out and tends to catch your shirt as you're trying to present your weapon.

My previous hybrids were a Comp-Tac Minataur which is a great holster but cost about $95 and a Foxx which I would rate average and is about $50 in horsehide.

Pretty impressed. I'll be buying more of these.