alaskan is now in .44 magnum

Pezo

Check out ruger's new product lineup. The alaskan will be available in .44 magnum/.44 special.

rick_reno

"now" is a relative term when you're dealing with Ruger marketing. I know, I waited a year after reading about the Alaskan before I could buy one.

RsqVet

I was told by a good stright shooter gun shop employee that they asked ruger what was up with the lack of Alaskans and were told it was due to a relative shortage of whatever "specal" steel is used for the cylinder on 454 / 480 SRH guns which makes sense in a way as the SRH in 480 / 454 was not exectly a high volume sales gun while the alaskan everyone on earth seems to want, so maybe we will see the 44 sooner than we think as it does no need the specal steel and with all the buzz out there about the alaskan I'd think Ruger would be well advised to get them into the hands of the waiting masses before they move on to something else.

I'll probibkly buy a 44 as well when they are common, for now I'm waiting for the 454.

citizen

...gun sounds "good".........but I'm more impressed with the ability to turn an entire paragraph into a single sentence.;)