Alaskan fun

postal1911

Got to shoot my new Ruger alaskan. i bought it to have a heavy revolver that i can carry and not have heavy recoil. well in 45LC it shot like a 38spl.
with almost no recoil. i was flawless, and i put some GP100 grips on it which made it more compact than it is with the factory grips , which are designed by hogue for the 454

postal1911

absolutly no problem, i was quite impressed with it.
i did just use 45lcs..... i was shooting metal round gongs at 25 and 50
.....50 took alittle practice.

lil_bro

Aw man I really want a Alaskan but will never be able too afford one.:(
Unless I win the lottery(power ball would be nice:))or something like that.LOL

Michael.

postal1911

well i might but, i will take off the gp100 grips i have on it and put the hogues back on......it is quite a bit of recoil im told. :eek: i will probally just use some 300 gr 45lc for mountain use.

35 MPH in a Ferrari

I never shot much .45 colt in my super-redhawk... never saw the point. Why would you buy a hoss of a pistol like a .454 to shoot a 19th century cartridge like the .45 colt?

I bet you drive a Ferrari but never get out of second gear. I'll wave the next time I fly past you on the interstate.

joneb

WHY not crank out a bunch of these RUGER
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976714990.htm
Give use what we want :confused:
Some of us are stuck in the .44 cal dimension and don't feel it's worth the trouble moving up .02" to have a decent short barreled magnum DA revolver, being a reloader this is an annoyance. :mad:
Ruger, Wake up and smell the gun powder .

Bill Siegle

It is still a short barrel but according to the Ruger ad, the Alaskan is also available in 44mag. Might be worth a try in that form :) I had thought about the .454 but being honest with myself I really don't need that much power in a handgun and I really don't need to pay that much for ammo. Now 44mag ain't cheap either but it is certainly cheaper than .454 and also readily available.

SD_Chop

Shooting is your preference, what you like. But is some to agree with bill in a way, i bought my .454 beast to wrestle the beast

slab jockey

Attended the NRA convention in Milwaukee this past weekend and got to handle the new Alaskan in .44 magnum; sweet little gun. I spoke with one of the reps there and was told the .44 Alaskan is ready for market. According to him this is the first time they displayed a new gun which was already in production.

joneb

:D thanks for the heads up, this is good news for some of us. But I'm still hoping for a 3-4" Red hawk.