Akins vs ATF federal district court pleadings & briefs

Bill Akins

I was unable to post this at the legal/civil rights forum section.

The below has just been released to various 2nd amendment and firearm sites (along with this one) online.

bumpfire-akins.gif

There have been numerous inaccuracies online regarding the recent federal district court order granting the ATF's motion to dismiss my case without hearing it. Until now, people have only had access to and read the federal district court's order and have not seen all the briefs and pleadings regarding the case and therefore could not possibly understand the case and its issues.

In my continuing effort to inform former customers, supporters of the 2nd amendment and the firearms community at large, I have asked my attorney John Monroe to post and make available a link to all briefs and pleadings concerning the case. There is much I would like to be able to say, but since we are appealing the case to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, I cannot answer any questions nor comment on any particulars of the case at this time. All the briefs and pleadings for the federal district court case are contained in the below link with the exception of over 160 pages of discovery information of which many of the pertinent points are covered in the briefs and pleadings. All people have to do is read it. Hopefully this will clear up any misconceptions and misinformation currently existing online. Please feel free to disburse this at your website or any online site. Here is the link....

http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins2/

Sincerely, Bill Akins

Bud Helms

Yes, thanks, Bill.

We are tagging all the 2nd Amendment and CCW related threads posted here for transfer to the new L&CR forum for when and if it opens to the public. For now, if you don't have access to L&CR, here in General is fine.

azredhawk44

I wish Mr. Akins all the best and great success in his appeals process, and I want one (or several) of his product designs...

But somehow I think the only outcome we'll see will be Heller used against us as its first significant precedent, since this is most definitely not an arms design in common use and therefore not protected under the 2A.

Much like Miller has been used against us for decades, a decision that is predominantly pro-2A will be warped to strangle us slowly.

Feeling dark today...:(

grymster2007

Akin’s automatic “bump-fire” device is certainly ingenious in that it circumvents the “single pull” concept, but I’m shocked that he actually expected something other than what he’s getting from the courts. I (unlike WA:eek:) did not read much past the complaint and the defendant’s motion to dismiss, but I don’t remember seeing if or how many of the devices were actually sold. If some were sold, what happens to the poor schmucks that bought them?