ak opinion, serbian vs chinese

jehu

The Chinese AK's were among the finest AK's ever imported into this country. I have owned and still do own many Norinco & Polytech AK's and if you can get a Polytech for $700 you are getting a good deal even if it's a Mak90. Milled would be worth alittle more but stamped is OK.

Southside830

Egyptian Maadi's are supposed to be made on Russian tooling. I've heard they are of good quality. If it were me I would look Russian or Bulgarian. Specifically Arsenal in the SLR, sgl lineup. These rifles are made of brand new Saiga Rifles or brand new Bulgarian parts kits. That being said a Polytech for 700$ is a good deal.

Fishbed77

Any advice on the egyptian? Or serbian

Need more info on what Egyptian rifle you're considering. Assume it's a Maadi, but quality depends on who built it. Also, that Armslist listing for the Serbian doesn't give much info at all. Is it a PAP conversion with a single-stack bolt? If so, you don't want it. Is it a well-built M70 or NPAP? I'm no expert, but I can't tell from the photo.

Keep in mind also that brand-new Serbian Zastava NPAPs and OPAPs (which have the heavier PRK-style receiver) are selling for $600-650. The new OPAPs in particular are building a very good reputation and are a great value for the money.

SR420

jehu The Chinese AK's were among the finest AK's ever imported into this country. I have owned and still do own many Norinco & Polytech AK's and if you can get a Polytech for $700 you are getting a good deal even if it's a Mak90. Milled would be worth alittle more but stamped is OK.
I agree, and $700 is a steal of a deal.