(AK) Man shoots in direction of police

spacemanspiff

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6760518

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Police arrested a man they say fired off a gun in the direction of officers last night after a fight near a Downtown bar.

Samuel Faitala is now in custody and faces assault and weapons charges. Police said Faitala was leaving the Gaslight Lounge last night when he got into a fight with another man. The man was leaning into the car Faitala was riding in and hanging on as it drove down the street.

Officers stopped the pedestrian, and while they were talking to him, they said Faitala leaned out of a Chevy Suburban and fired a single shot in their direction.

Police said they found a handgun in the vehicle and a cartridge nearby. They said Faitala appeared to be intoxicated. His bail is set at $50,000.

Contact Jill Burke at jburke@ktuu.com

=====================================

This started in the parking lot of the bar I work at.

spacemanspiff

Nope, I was working. The group of combatants took it off our property and down the street one block. One of our guys was trying to keep the peace and the rest of us came to help him out. We ended up just going back to our lot and left them to do whatever they wanted to do. The car that pulled up as we were leaving was a green Suburban.

Six cops were present in our lot. They dispersed rather quickly. If I had to guess, I'd put this shooting incident at somewhere between our bar on 3rd and the Woodshed/Hilton hotel. I'll ask Reynolds next time I see him about it.