AK and SKS PICTURES!!!!

seansean1444

lets see everyones ak or ak variants. and all sks's. heres mine that i picked up today.

sks.jpg

highpower3006

Zastava PAP. Made in the same factory that made AK's for the Yugoslavian government. Changed the stocks from the awful plastic abortion that came on it to walnut and machined out the mag well to take double stack mags.

IMG0655-XL.jpg

IMG0654-XL.jpg

model18

Norinco SKS

SKS2.jpg

Norinco "Sporter" takes steel AK mags (bought a polymer 30 rd.Tapco AK mag but it was too wide for my SKS)

highpower3006

"Anyone have a good source for walnut AK stocks? Ive got another stupid idea"

The only place that I know that has them is Ironwood Designs (where I got mine). Be prepared to pay though, they aren't cheap.

"Highpower, is that milled? She's purtty"

It is a stamped receiver. This is made like the original Yugo AK's which were set up for grenade launching and have a 1.5mm thick receiver vs the more typical 1mm on most variants. Also they use an RPK (ComBloc squad automatic weapon) front trunnion which is heavier than the standard AK trunnion.

What it looked like when I got it:
PAP1-XL.jpg

Last edited:

highpower3006

"How's that railed dust cover? Does it hold zero? Have you seen these?: http://texasweaponsystems.com/id1.html"

I don't know yet. I just bought a red dot sight for it yesterday and will take it out this weekend for a test drive. That one looks interesting, the one I have seems to be very sturdy and solid. Range report to follow.

IMG0657-XL.jpg

WVleo

SKS

Sino-Soviet Urban Carbine
Picture688.jpg
. 4 20round Tapco mags run with no issues. Primary Arms red-dot. Very happy with this firearm.....WVleo

Tidewater_Kid

Here's my donation to the picture thread. One WASR 10/63, One Yugo 59 and one Yugo 59/66. The 59/66 looked brand new when I got it. Nothing had a mark on it.

TK

Attachments

• WASR-rs.jpg
    WASR-rs.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Yugo-59.jpg
    Yugo-59.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 96
  • yugo59-66.jpg
    yugo59-66.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: