Air Rifle: .22 or .25

ohen cepel

I'm looking into picking up a few more of the pre-charged air rifles while I'm still here.

I bought the .45cal one already. It's BAD!

Looking into either the .22 or .25 now. The .22 goes 1050fps. Haven't been able to get the specs on the .25 yet. Expect it to be around 900fps+

What are guys out there shooting? Any real big diff besides the obvious ones of diameter and possibly weight?

Does one tend to be more accurate?

Any merits of the one over the other?

Thanks,

ohen cepel

Snowdog,
The .45 is about on line with a .45cal handgun loaded light. Don't remember specs now. Pretty good from an airgun!

So in this case; bad is good.

gordo b.

I know an officer who is stationed in Korea . What is the most powerful air gun youve seen there and how much american? Can he mail me one to US after he buys it? Thanks and .25 pellts are harder to get than .22 ones youve allready got the ultimate(unless there are >50s WHOOPPEEE)

ohen cepel

Gordo,
The .45's ran me around $400. However, you can't buy one directly here. It has to be shipped back to the states by the dealer and you would have to then go get it at the airport customs house. There you pay another fee based on cost of the item. We were lucky, and didn't get raped there.

It's not really worth it unless you are going to buy several from the maker to be honest.

Pyramid Air sells the Big Bore 44 (.45 actually) for $450 or so.

JohnKSa

Administrator
If you plan to shoot the thing at full power, go with the .25.

Pellets don't do well at supersonic velocities--or more properly, they tend to lose stability during the transition from supersonic to subsonic flight.