Ahhh... it's my turn again.

LordTio3

So, I was looking for a nice .22lr handgun for some cheap trigger time and as a training tool; (and some American plinking fun). I spent a lot of time contemplating revolver vs semi-auto, poured over gunbroker and the classifieds, called local gun stores, asked advice, etc...

Late last week I finally decided that I liked the Walther P22. I figured the short, 3.4" barrel was cheaper and it was a solid design for what I needed. So I put up a couple of Want Ads. Early Saturday morning I got a text that a guy an hour away had one he'd like to sell. I asked a few questions and it sounded legitimate. I got some cash from my gun-fund and called a buddy and drove to the guys house.

When I got there, he whipped out this baby...

Its my new LNIB 5" target model Walther P22. It came with the box, papers, tools, lock, an extra magazine, a holster, a .22lr cleaning kit, and 2 boxes of stinger ammo. And it's still under factory warranty with 250 rounds through it.

His asking price, $250. I'm 2 for 2 with my last 2 gun deals. I can only hope that my streak continues. :D

~LT

EdInk

A buddy of mine has one and it's a little finicky on ammo. If you shoot good high velocity stuff it should be fine. Good price for $250.

TheNocturnus

Sounds like you got a good deal. Next time you buy a gun via private sale, meet in a shooting range or a gun friendly public place. Bad things can happen during those meets. I saw a First 48 episode not that long ago that had three guys meeting to exchange a gun, only two made it home alive...

Be safe out there!

taurus4life

i have one but with the shorter barrel.very good gun, but like others have said you have to run hotter ammo with it or it does not cycle right. also mine came with two mags but one wont cycle right, but all in all a very good plinker.

LordTio3

Make sure to keep the barrel weight set screw tight. If you don't, it will start to rotate or remove itself from the barrel.

Would that be the small screw on top of the "Compensator"? Funny story, I found the guy's credit card receipt in the box yesterday. He wasn't lying when he said it was new. He got it in April from a Gander Mountain. Shortly after finding it was promptly shredded.

I shot it yesterday and went through half a Bulk Pack of Federal American Eagle with only one FTF. It's challenging to shoot. Its so light that it's really easy to drift off target with the smallest movement. I was shooting left like crazy until I got it under control.

After a few hundred rounds of 22lr, I promptly picked up my carry weapon and perforated the 10 ring at 25 feet (something I've never been able to do right out of the gate). The only flyer was lower left touching the line. I think buying a light .22lr to train with was long overdue.

~LT

PS- Myself and my friend were both carrying when I went to pick this one up. I realize that it's a risk meeting at a residence with the assumption that you have a large sum of cash on you, but I talked with the guy pretty extensively prior to agreeing. He himself doesn't have a LTCH, and meeting at his place did make sense. And if things did go sour, at least we were following the first 2 rules of a gun-fight.

Helios

Nice purchase. I picked my P22 up in 2006. It's been a fine gun and it's fun to shoot. When I take people shooting, it gets the most trigger time. Helps that .22LR is cheap. :rolleyes:

dgludwig

I found the guy's credit card receipt in the box yesterday. He wasn't lying when he said it was new. He got it in April from a Gander Mountain.

So what did he pay for it-if I might ask?

LordTio3

So what did he pay for it-if I might ask?

The receipt said, $427.99. Indiana has a 7% sales tax, so that puts the ticket price at about $399.98/9.

I really didn't expect it to be the target model, have the box/papers/etc... or even to look 90%+. But after I saw it, there was no way I was walking out without it.

~LT