Ahh, those lost treasures...

AndABeer

As I was packing up all my blackpowder crap to go to the range, I rooted around a bit in the safe for something else to shoot. It is pretty dark in the back and my fingers felt an unfamilar shape. As I pulled the unknown object into the light a feeling of foolishness crept over me. "Of course, my .44 Mag Marlin."

As I had a pretty good selection of .44 loads, I packed it up with the rest of my stuff and was off to the range. This is a fun little rifle with a 16" barrel and Ashley ghost ring sights. The trigger is a bit creepy but it is still a hoot to shoot. I may have to take this one out in search of Bambi's dad come Gun season.

As I was putting my long guns back in the safe, I felt another unfamilar one there. I pulled it out, another Marlin though this one a .22 (880SQ). I actually have no recollection of buying the thing :confused: :D. Guess I need to get a scope and try her out at some point.

By the way, can a lever action trigger be cleaned up?

Ron L

By the way, can a lever action trigger be cleaned up?

Absolutely. I'd check with some of the SASS or Cowboy Action shooting folks and see who they'd recommend. They'd know who does some of the best work on lever rifles. Brockman's Rifles and Wild West Guns are two names that come to mind that I've heard before.

Brockman's Rifles

Wild West Guns

sierra338

I once found a .22 pistol in a box of my old clothes when I was moving from one house to another. I too had no recollection of obtaining it. I come to find out I had won it playing cards. I guess that's one reason why I don't touch Wild Turkey any longer.