Aguilla Minishells Buckshot

AK103K

I just got the new issue of SGN and on the front page is an add for these shotgun shells. It says they are 1.33" in length, have a dual load of four #1 buck and seven #4 buck, velocity is 1200fps. Has anyone tried these out? I take it from the size they are a close range round, but at their size, it would double the mag capacity of my 8 round mag to 16 rounds!

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Reports of not cycling in many guns kinda limit the allure for me.

All buck is a close range deal, I doubt these have any further limits on them.

AK103K

I was wondering about the cycling issue, they seemed a little short. I also wondered about the power because of their size. I realise that buck is a close range proposition, I dont consider anything much past 15-25 yards as realistic. The idea of increasing the capacity without making the gun bigger or carrying a bigger load is appealing, but not at the sacrifice of reliability.

C.R.Sam

You just about have to try em in your gun. I have had good luck with the short slugs in two of my pumps, couple of cases with no problems at all. The rest of my pumps don't like em.

Haven't tried the buck but have used a lot of the slugs. They seem accurate in my house gun and can kill a thin car at 60 yds.

Sam

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I wonder how they would work in a Nova.
14 rounds is a good capacity... plus another 12 in the side saddle. (held in the saddle top and bottom ends.)