AGI videos

FRANK1669

I am curious if any body has purchased any of the AGI videos and what you thik of them. I have managed a couple of repairs on a Model 94 winchesters and 10-22s But am in know way a "gunsmith" I am interested in the Model 92 winchester primarily the claim to go through how to smooth the action etc.

El Paso Joe

I purchased the videos on the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger 22 semiauto pistol. They were ok - on a 1 to 10 scale I would give them a 7 or so. I needed enough info on the operation of the firearms to install Volquartson kits in each and they were sufficient for both. A fairly down home presentation (dropped the occasional tool - we all do that but I didn't expect to see it on film) and the instructor clearly knew the guns.

I would buy others but my expectations are not so high now...

Edward429451

I bought the M1 Garand/M1A tape when I bought my M1A. I rate it about a 7 also. They didn't break down an M1a, but rather a Garand. But they're close enough that it didn't matter for my purposes.

fourrobert13

I had the one for 1911's. The old guy is dry, but they do show what you need to know and a little more. They went into trouble shooting and simple repairs. I would buy one again though if I needed too.

FRANK1669

El Paso Joe you mentioned you might buy a nother "brand" of video Who else makes them ? any suggestion would be great as or local gunsmith got fed up with california and moved thnks again to all f the members for you Help

cntryboy1289

depends on the video

AGI makes a video know as an Armorers video which is stricly a video that show you how to detail strip the gun and how to clean it and then put it back together and fix some problems on the gun. These videos aren't intended to be complete.

They also have some very good complete videos on specific guns that include how to smith the guns as well as what the Armorers course has as well. They also sell a complete gunsmithing course that is very good and it includes the videos like what I just described on just about every pistol and revolver as well as the shotguns, 22's, centerfire rifles and much more.

Please don't think if you have an Armorers course tape that it is going to be a complete gunsmithing course on the gun since they were not intended to be. It's kind of like everything else in life, the more you want, the more you have to pay and they can set you up with just about anything that deals with gunsmithing, but it costs just a little more. Give em' a try, I think you will like them.

dswindle

I have purchased several of them (1911, Marlin rifle, Walther PPK/S Ruger, etc.), and I find them to be excellent. Now, I do want to warn you of one small issue. I am a very anal, detailed person, so I would not rate them a 10, but probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. On the Walther PPK and PPK/S video, gunsmith Robert Dunlop (his surname might actually be Dunlap) does an excellent job--except for one small problem. When he disassembles the PPK/S firearm, it shows that the cartridge indicator pin has actually been installed backwards. I'm guessing that one of his students probably did this, and he did not know that it had been installed incorrectly. That will cause several problems. To his credit, he does install it the correct way (the "bulb" end forward toward the muzzle, the spring tail toward the top of the pistol slide). One last thing. I'm talking about the "new" style pin not the "older" version.

I initially installed mine backwards, and it caused multiple failures to feed. I don't have time to go into the analysis right now, but it allows too much of the cartridge indicator pin to enter the chamber area of the firearm. That is why the "bulb" is there to prevent that. Other than that, I find them excellent. Hope this helps you.

smokjunkee

I would agree with everybody that they are about a 7/8 on a scale to 10. I got the AGI on the colt single action & the Larry Crow DVD on the Win. 92. Both were similar in presentation. For me it is a great advantage to get a visual on something. You can read text & view diagrahms for ever but, until somebody shows me how either in person or by video it's hard for me to conceptualize something I'm not familiar with. I will purchase more.
MB.

I bought a few parts kits: HK G3 and STG58.
I bought the AGI videos for those and thought they were excellent. I showed them to at least three other people that either owned those rifles or who were also building up kits and they felt they were excellent also. I bought both the regular and the Armor's versions.
I would definitely buy them again.
The tapes I bought basically showed how to assemble/disassemble these rifles down to the frame. They discussed all the parts and what they did. If I remember correctly, he also built an HK from the kit (he cut off the old receiver etc.) I am not sure I would call this gunsmithing but it was exactly what I was interested in.

El Paso Joe

Gunvideos.com

I checked it out - followed the "Girls and guns" link and came to -

The most incredible video of its kind... 14 of the sexiest southern California beauties scantily clad in string bikinis and high heels firing the sexiest full auto machine guns ever produced. They're all here... Uzi, MAC-10, MP-5, AK-47, M-16, MP-K, Thompson, and several others are handled by the cutest, sexiest, wildest bunch of babes ever. This video has been featured worldwide on network news, pay cable-TV, nationwide newswire services and a song has even been written about it. Rock N' Roll #3 is one of the most popular tapes and one of the most talked-about videos ever produced. If you like girls, you'll love it! Professionally produced with Rock N' Roll music, slow-motion, special effects, and interviews with the girls. Order yours today and own a bit of history.

Lets see AGI top that :D

PS I sure was surprised!